In the last couple of years, I've covered TheBenche.com, SEB's online community for trade finance, cash management and custody professionals, on many occasions on Visible Banking:
* for TheBenche.com's 6-month anniversary (June 2009),
* when they responded to my comments on the platform (June 2009),
* when they shifted their focus from the Trade Finance industry to include the Cash Management professionals (March 2010),
* I interviewed TheBenche.com's MD (November 2011).
Last week, I had the opportunity to catch up with Hakan Aldrin, TheBenche.com's Managing Director, at Finextra's Social Media Day. It was a good timing as Hakan and his team were about to launch the newly re-designed platform, The Benche 2.5, focused on driving more discussions on the same day (7th April).
SEB's online community now counts over 5,000 members and 20,000 monthly unique visitors.
Interview with The Sheriff
Please find below my catch up interview with Hakan.
* Key news (award, key stats, improved traffic...)
* How did you drive this surge of activity? (00:51)
* The growing importance of the Forum (01:15)
* How much did you use the member feedback for the redesign? (02:18)
* Live and learn (02:43)
* REWARD your members - new "Like" button (03:00)
* How do you REWARD SEB's clients? (04:02)
* Mobile Apps: iPhone, Android... Blackberry? (04:39)
* Key reasons to join TheBenche.com (05:40)
Related articles on Visible-Banking.com
* Social Media News
* Twitter Activities covered on Visible Banking
* Facebook Activities covered on Visible Banking
* 2010's Top 10 Most Liked Financial Institutions on Facebook
* 2010's Top 10 Most Followed Financial Institutions on Twitter
* Visible Banking Directory: Social Media in Financial Services
* Visible Banking Social Media Watch Series (Twitter, Facebook, Blogs)