REDIRECTING TO VISIBLEBANKING.COM
Today, I am participating to my 5th Finovate event and the second in London. It is always a great feeling: catching up with friends from the industry and discovering some of the most exciting online finance startups in areas such as: online banking, mobile, PFM, online communities, crowdsourcing, digital security, not only in B2C, but also in B2B (small businesses) and wealth.
Finovate is always a busy day, and I will do my best to make this one my busiest, most productive, Finovate to date! I am planning to cover it live here on the Visible Banking blog, on the VB page on facebook and on @Visible_Banking on twitter.
So bear with me, come back and check out this article on regular basis today. And please, don't be shy, join the conversation!
-updated on 24-Feb-2012-
* pictures: I plan to upload my pictures in 'close to real-time' in the Finovate Europe #2 album of the Visible Banking page on facebook
* videos: I plan to record video updates from my new iphone 4S, produce them 'on-the-fly', and (depending on the wifi) upload them to YouTube all along the day. I will also record as many short, insightful video interviews with the demoing companies as possible.
* write up: because I will be busy networking and recording the interviews, I plan to 'crowdsource' the write up of the event her, on this article, thanks to the undoubtly thorough coverage from the tweeps in the audience.
In essence, this year my goal is to become the official 'curator of Finovate Europe 2012' and select the best 100 tweets of the day. Obviously, I will make sure to mention all the authors of the selected tweets.
So now, let's put it to the test!
- updated on 8 Feb at 9:28am -
* 5 short video updates recorded
* 12 video interviews recorded
* 35 demoing companies covered
* 222 pictures uploaded
I will upload a few video updates all along the day. I invite you to watch them directly on facebook:
* Finovate - 07:50am
* Finovate - 08:25am
* Finovate - 10:25am
* Finovate - 1:00pm
Eventually, I've managed to record X interviews. Not too bad, don't you think? ;)
I will upload them on to our official youtube channel asap.
* Cardlytics's President - Merchant Coupons within Online Banking
* CurrencyFair's - the P2P Marketplace to Exchange Currency on your Terms
* Etronika's CEO - Kinect Banking at the Branch, Minority Report Style
* etoro's CEO - Copy Trading, Gamification and Personal Branding
* iBrokr's StockBattle - the World's First P2P Option Game
* IND Group - Bringing Gamification into the Online Bank
* Kabbage's CEO - for SMEs, More Social Media Engagement = More Cash
* LiqPay - 'Zip', a Payment Details Shortener 'bit.ly Style'
* Meniga's CEO - Meniga's CEO: PFM Fully Integrated to Online Banking
* Nutmeg's CEO - Providing Private Banking Services to the Masses
* Ping Identity - Tapping Social Media to Customize Customer Experience in Banking
* Serverside Group - Serverside Group: Customize your Card Design on Facebook
And I also managed to record two other videos with my good friend Daniel Gusev - Head of Innovation at PSBank (Russia) and Joan Burkovic - Co-Founder of Bankin' (France).
I invite you to check my pictures of the event on facebook. Please feel free to like them, comment and share them, and also add yours.
Crowdsourced Write Up
1. Nutmeg: online investment (diversed portfolios) tool, built to match user profile with portfolio needs. Claims to democratise savings & investment.
2. Ping Security: 'secure cloud identity management'. a social media heavy cloud identity platform 2 add people social graph when consuming financial products. Demoes the potential future to tokenize your identity (use any to connect and consume FS products). Demoing Identity demoing Facebook integration in account opening process.
3. PayPal & 'la Caixa': "Instant Account Creation": 3 clicks to account and card. PP API used to allow Caixa customers to open PP accounts in 123 inside their iBanking. PayPal and 'la Caixa' launching PayPal account opening in 30 seconds by choosing email address & password. Have found that PayPal account opening within la Caixa Bank environment increases acct setup success by 2x to 3x.
4. iBrokr: Brokertainment's StockBattle Lets Users Engage in Social Betting on Stocks. P2P stock and currency trading. iBroker demoing 1 euro bet on the stock value of a German company; has Facebook integration to share the bet to find a counter bet. Making investing a game using options, then share with your friends on Facebook. Creative, but high risk.
5. Credit HQ: Experian powered portal for SMEs to run checks on their B2B customers. Creating good UX around data pipes. CreditHQ pitching credit management dashboard. Has integration with collection agency to help followup with late payments. Full process on B2B credit check, invoicing and collection - offered by BCSG.
6. Backbase: segmentation possibilities on digital channels with backbase's portal manager. Use of portal tech to provide segmented experience. Integrates with legacy IT as well. Also embedding social media identities.
7. Fenergo: Fenergo showing dashboard to build the "credit pack" to pass to underwriting and back office departments; shows work-flow backlogs. pull data from target systems for risk and compliance based on what you need to report.
8. Service2Media: Service2Media and Rabobank introduce mobile payments via an existing banking application. m-banking with payments and remote check deposit and coin PFM. showing cool mobile features: OCR recognition, "drag and drop coins across page; "shake to clear".
9. CurrencyFair: a P2P currency platform. Allows you to exchange currencies and fix your price. They see 0,5 M€ exchange / day.
10. Holvi: Holvi demoing “group account” replaces bank acct with smart payment acct designed for any group. Holvi account assists groups with raising money, distributing cash, processing expense reports & tracking/categorizing/sharing it.
COFFEE BREAK #1
11. Etronika: face, motion, and voice based interaction and authentication for online banking. demoing logging in via voice intro then authenticated with facial recognition; also showing gesture/voice navigation. Online banking via Kinect.
12. Mii Card: a federated identity service. miiCard.com demos digital identity mgmt across real & social IDs.
13. Mootwin: Portfolio management for d2c segment via mobile. Showing streaming video on tablet; can communicate directly with financial adviser within UI; working with Cortal Consors.
14. Actiance: Actiance Socialaite Engage Social Media complaince managemnt for FS. Provides dashboard for publishing to social media networks. Track your key connections via Socialite, preview your posts by channel, build your personal brand.
15. Fiserv: showing pay to mobile money transfers from ANZ live app. Good service, but not unique, also shown by KaChing (and Russian QIWI). Showing m-payment to merchant - simple - just enter merchant details, invoice number...
16. Cardlytics: shows the development of merchant-funded rewards - shown to bank customers in their receipts. Data mines customer debit transactions to target merchant-funded offers. Demoing the 'coupon in the bank' interface solution. Targeted discounts directly to your credit card statement. No offer codes. Lets merchants place coupons and rebates directly into consumers' bank account and track their campaigns.
17. Liqpay.com: mobile payments related services. Liqpay like a URL shortener but for bank details. Liqpay, with 1.5 mil customers, launching https://Zip.liqpay.com, payment detail shortener for SMS/email. Liqpay "payment detail shortner" is similar to bit.ly for URLs; showing how it works at Privatbank; increases accuracy and safety.
18. Investorbee: presenting, monitoring risk and return of individual portfolios vs each other and average. Talk on bigdata for the investor world. Creates greater transparency in personal investing. Bigdata for investment comparison of risk adjusting performance. InvestorBee will make investing benchmarks available free to consumers; believe simple facts will disrupt investing. capturing the 'wisdom' of crowds to help investors benchmark and decide.launching ratings in time for ISA season.
19. Validsoft: 4 factor authentication. Offers a variation of voice based auth. for mobile channel. ValidSoft Security and Authentication using just your voice and your mobile.
20. Dynamics: showing battery-powered card that is "first mobile wallet that works everywhere plastic accepted". Launching today "chip & choice" for Europe, allows multi-app card to be used with single-app software infrastructure.
21. etoro: mirror trading combined with social media. eToro, with 2 million users, launching “Guru Finder” crowdsourcing to find traders to follow and copy. A social network for traders, employing crowdsourcing to shape trading tactics. Demoing trader profiles & community communications; also launching iPad app. eToro has now become "the most popular forex site online", according to recent Alexa stats.
22. Serverside Group: launching a Facebook app for banks to provide tangible value.
23. TradeShift: a payment graph company, big data. demoing how businesses can manage cash flow; launching "instant payments" options. Showing dashboard controls; onboard process for suppliers & instant payment process; available to entire supply chain.
24. fin sphere: recently partnered with Vodaphone, uses mobile phone location to assist with authentication. Finsphere demoing its "risk score" for each transaction; online banking login process; and consumer Pinpoint service.
25. hand point: Square type solution with Tablet as a screen & PIN entry device. Handpoint is demoing the use of the tablet as POS payment terminal. Handpoint demoing payments on mobile phone, table and mobile POS device ; also showing Square-like mobile reader option.
26. Wipro Technologies: launching tablet-based customer acquisition system. howing interface that sales adviser would use with prospects to explain products and compare options.
27. Luup: demoing employee registration; using mobile to create trip itinerary & request approval from manager. enables expense authorization via smartphone and automatically updates budget.
28. Meniga: social curiosity and gamification. PFM with gamification and moving from PFM to fully integrated PFM with online banking. Launching “Peace of mind banking”. announces API that allows iBanking to integrate PFM features inside. Working to move PFM from a "tab" to the most used part of online banking.
COFFEE BREAK #2
29. Striata: Striata is launching eConsent “PUSH email billing” with NO registration process. Paper suppression rates are below 20%. Striata customers achieve 85% paper turn-off. Showing interactive bill, "mini-website" right in the inbox.
30. Sandstone: showing modern-looking user interface on iPhone built on HTML5.
31. Kabbage: working capital for SMEs. Launching ScoreKard today, a quantitative view of health of client’s online store. Has now loaned $10 million to small online sellers on eBay & elsewhere; showing integration with Etsy. Social networks to underwrite credit worthiness with cash loans available.
32. Accept Email: showing MOBILE electronic bill presentment & payment, its "Short Invoice Service". Allows content of sent email to be changed while in client’s inbox, eg after bill paid, status can be changed.
33. Figlo: showing social networking integration of their PFM solution. Figlo’s widget-based platform helps advisers communicate to clients via Facebook. Showing integration of online banking with long-range planning; showing tablet version.
34. Ixaris: fully managed prepaid card programme in a box. Launching Open Cardworks, "card system in a box", allows issuer to fully cutomize. Ixaris can get Visa approval for new card within 6 weeks; demoing Ixaris "app store" for building programs.
35. IND Group: demoies gamification features as part of their Internet banking platform. Uses gamification to encourage new behaviours with customers to save smart. Demoing UI which includes points area, achievements, badges (which unlock more rewards); shows totals over time.
A big thank you to the following tweeps: Ixaris Tweets (@Ixaris), Ian McKenna (@ianmckennaftrc), Daniel Gusev (@dngusev), Finovate (@Finovate), Duena Blostorm (@), Patrick Gannon (@svPatrick), Remko Reinders (@Remko_Reinders), Andy Schmidt (@acschmidt), Nicolas debock (@nbock), Michael Barrett (@mgbarrett), Georg Fasching (@geofas), Dave Birch (@), Andrew Reeves (@TheInvestCoach), Therese Torris (@ttoris), Tek Fin (@TekFin), Aisha Washington (@Aish_Belle), Matthieu Soule (@matthieusoule), ThePlatForum (@ThePlatForum), Chris Skinner (@Chris_Skinner), Marc Bernegger (@marcpbernegger), Mia Papanicolaou (@MiaPapanicolaou).
Top Demoing Companies
Congratulations for the four winners of the 'Best of Show' award: Cardlytics (with Aimia), Dynamics, eToro, and Nutmeg.
Previous Finvoate Coverage
I invite you to check my coverage of four other finovate events:
* Finovate 2007 (NYC)
* Finovate 2008 (San Francisco)
* Finovate 2009 (NYC)
* Finovate Europe 2011 (London)
We at Visible Banking would be delighted to help you and your team better UNDERSTAND and LEVERAGE social media in a strategic yet pragmatic way. So please don't hesitate to call me, send me an email or DM me (@Visible_Banking) to book a meeting and talk about twitter, facebook,crowdsourcing, customer reviews, social media & social commerce in banking, financial services and insurance.
Related articles on Visible-Banking.com
* All my posts related to Twitter
* All my posts related to Facebook
* Visible Banking Directory: Social Media in Financial Services
* Visible Banking Social Media Watch Series (Twitter, Facebook, Blogs)