REDIRECTING TO VISIBLEBANKING.COM
As mentioned in a previous article, I was in Paris on Saturday to participate to the 7th edition of the BarCampBank Paris. The event was extremely well attended with over 80 energized participants, all willing to engage in (occasionally heated) conversations on the broad topic of innovation in banking.
A big thank you to the organizers for putting together such a successful 'un-conference': Christophe Ducamp (la Maison Ducamp), Kristell Le Nadan (Pole Finance Innovation), Emmanuel Papadacci (Credit Agricole) and Nicolas Debock (XAnge). I hope I am not forgetting anyone.
Now, I invite you to check my coverage of the event which includes about 60 pictures and video interviews.
Well done guys.
On the day we covered the following topics: responsible finance and solidarity, open banking, gamification, trust - data ownership, API banking, virtual currencies, crowdfunding.
It is always a pleasure to contribute and meet passionate people in the conservative banking industry. I particularily enjoyed this event, due to the fact that a higher proportion of the audience than the usual was working for a financial institution.
In my opinion, the conversations have a tendancy to focus too much on the Future (10+ years) and the participants to over demonstrate their 'the sky is the limit' attitude. For instance, it is interesting to mention we didn't flag or cover any of the 'usual suspects' - yet still current and highly important topics - such as social media, mobile, crowdsourcing, or the voice of the customer...
I have been busy shooting pictures and recording video interviews with some of the most innovative online finance startups in France. So I will let them do the talking for now.
I will update this post on regular basis and add the Visible Banking urls to those videos. Bear with me.
* Credit Agricole's Deputy CEO on the bank's innovative 'CAStore' project (API banking, app store)
* FriendsClear.com's Co-Founder & President on P2P Lending in France
* Linxo.com's President on PFM and White Labelling in France
* SPEAR's CEO and Deputy CEO on transparency and ethical savings ('a la Banca Civica / Caja Navarra, but via white labelling)
* Open Bank movement's Founder on transparency of financial transactions and regulations
* Open Bank's demo: look and feel of the oepn bank API
I welcome your comments and the additional questions you would like me to ask those thought leaders during our follow up interviews.
What You Missed...
I shot four short video clips on the day to give you a taster of the atmosphere and the level of energy during the BarCampBank. I hope you will join us next time!
I invite you to check, like, comment and tag the pictures I shot at bcbp7.
We at Visible Banking would be delighted to help you and your team better UNDERSTAND and LEVERAGE social media in a strategic yet pragmatic way. So please don't hesitate to call me, send me an email or DM me (@Visible_Banking) to book a meeting and talk about twitter, facebook,crowdsourcing, customer reviews, social media & social commerce in banking, financial services and insurance.
Related articles on Visible-Banking.com
* All my posts related to Twitter
* All my posts related to Facebook
* Visible Banking Directory: Social Media in Financial Services
* Visible Banking Social Media Watch Series (Twitter, Facebook, Blogs)