REDIRECTING TO VISIBLEBANKING.COM
My Visible Banking Team has started tracking and benchmarking how financial institutions are using social media channels like facebook or twitter since March 2009.
I am delighted to announce that we are now tracking over 1,000 pages and apps on facebook, and over 1,500 accounts on twitter, in 75 countries.
In the last few days, I shared with you some of our latest insights on facebook and twitter via a number of video posts: I've confirmed that only 0.05% twitter accounts in financial services are verified, and 90% of those same twitter accounts are inactive.
Now, I will share my thoughts and recommendations on one of the key challenges on facebook for financial institutions: driving engagement via an open wall. Surprisingly, we found that the majority of facebook pages in financial services are 'open' and 'at risk'... find out why, and what to do to lower the level of risk.
Please note that this video is available on the Visible Banking YouTube channel.
Companies mentioned: ABSA, Bank of Melbourne, Bank of the West, Commonwealth Bank of Australia, first direct, Progressive Insurance.
* Top 20 most liked pages with an open wall: Allstate, Bank BGZ, CIMB Malaysia, Farmers Insurance, Finansbank, Garanti Bank, GEICO, Interbank Perú, Progressive Insurance, Interbank Perú, PayPal, Popular, Sparkasse, State Farm Insurance, USAA, Visa.
We at Visible Banking would be delighted to help you and your team better UNDERSTAND and LEVERAGE social media in a strategic yet pragmatic way. So please don't hesitate to call me, send me an email or DM me (@Visible_Banking) to book a meeting and talk about twitter, facebook, crowdsourcing, customer reviews, social media & social commerce in banking, financial services and insurance.
Related articles on Visible-Banking.com
* All my posts related to Twitter
* All my posts related to Facebook
* Visible Banking Directory: Social Media in Financial Services
* Visible Banking Social Media Watch Series (Twitter, Facebook, Blogs)